Monday, July 19, 2010

Tool # 5

I joined Diigo and located several sites that would be useful. One is called Quizlet which allowed me to create flashcards for high frequency words and the other is Library on the Web which has read aloud books. I also found an interesting video on the Future of Reading through the LA Times. The tags "digital reading, read alouds, and flashcards assisted me in locating these sites. I can see how social book marking is so powerful. Allowing kids to access these sites quickly from any computer either at home or at school. This would be quite useful for various curriculum topics when kids are doing research at school. I wonder if kids will complain about homework if it were more engaging involving technology? Instead of saying "Go get your homework done" you might find parents saying "Get off the computer".

No comments:

Post a Comment